Ever since Katharine was born, I've been struggling with motherhood. Maybe it's having two, maybe it's the sleeplessness, maybe it's being essentially a stay at home mom that I'm not cut out for, or maybe all of this and then a few more everyday life stressors thrown in. I'm in a better place than I was a week ago and it's in large part to little morsels of encouragement found online (as well as great friends and a fabulous understanding husband). I wanted to document the online resources somewhere for me, but thought by doing it here that maybe someone else might need and find the encouragement too. So here it is:
1. This virtual conference. It's 50 dollars but so well worth it in my opinion! I've watched about half of the interviews and even the worst one is full of goodness, encouragement, great ideas, and optimism. One of the many things I found helpful in these is the idea that your children are really just little people. They're little, but they're people who you are in a relationship with. I love this frame of mind!
2. This blogpost that a friend at work sent me after confiding that this mom stuff is hard. Thank you Denise!
3. This website that I'm just starting to check out on how to raise toddlers. Another online course. Don't know a ton about this one, but it looked good enough to tag and I want to look into it more! :)
4. This blogpost by the woman, Carrie Contey, who led the virtual conference mentioned above. It's a good quick read that reminds you that you aren't alone, you need to take care of yourself, and simple ideas to unstick yourself and find happy again. I liked this one a lot!
5. And lastly, this blogpost, which came at such a perfect time to remind me that hormones are running a muck inside and not to be too hard on myself. Another person who emphasizes self care and I'm for having a reason to go out with some friends, take a bath, get a massage, go for a run (in no particular order)!
That's the end to my ranting on motherhood and the great resources out there. I just wanted to have it all in one spot for me and maybe there's someone else that benefits from it too! Cause these little people really are great when you take care of yourself and can see it!
Hope you all have a great weekend! We are headed to Iowa just for a night to celebrate Thanksgiving and then in just two weeks to St. Louis for an early Christmas celebration! More on those very soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment