Friday, September 21, 2012

Green tomatoes and "baba"



It's been a while since I've posted pictures and I feel like there's so much to catch up on! But I'll just do a bit tonight and maybe bits more in the days to come.

Henry's been busy picking tomatoes out in the garden. He took his stroller back there yesterday and picked a whole bunch putting them in the basket in the bottom of his stroller. This would be wonderful except that 80% of them were as green as green could be. I'm hoping his ability to garden will improve with age. :)

Oh and big news -- no more "baba"! Henry and I went to St. Louis 2 weeks ago (I'll write more on this in an upcoming entry) and when we got home we thought it might be a good time to try him without it. We had been letting it get old and flattened for quite a few months so it was well pass its prime. At bedtime Daniel said "Henry, how about daddy keep your baba tonight? You're a big boy." And he surprisingly answered "Yeah." And that was it. I thought there'd be tears. I thought maybe I'd have to go for a walk  and get out of the house because the crying would make me want to cave to giving it back to him. I thought he'd be distraught. But no, just "yeah" and that was it. It's been 2 weeks now and he doesn't even mention it. His blue satin blanket and his bunny are his only comfort items now and we'd see a war if we ever had to take those away, but luckily we won't ever have to do that. Go to college with your blankee and bunny for all I care. Babas at college, though, would be... not so good. :)

Promise, more soon! Stay warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment