Friday, October 1, 2010

ReSLUnion


Henry and I drove to Chicago a few weekends ago in mid September to get together with some friends from college. Daniel stayed home to paint our bathroom walls, which turned out so great! He was a trooper with us being gone and we all realized how much we missed each other when we were apart. Henry and I were both happy to see Daniel when we got home after being gone for 3 nights!

Like I said in a previous post, Henry was so great in the car. It took us about 8 hours to get there, but we stopped twice and took our time. Plus we hit Chicago traffic going into the city for the last 10 miles which took us about an hour to get through! Gotta love Chicago! :)

We went to see Erin, a friend from high school who also just had a baby, Eleanor, about a month after Henry was born. It's been a few years since we had seen each other and it was great catching up and getting to talk about the babies. Erin's husband, Jimmy, took this picture of Erin and I with the babies and I love how Henry looks like he's trying to talk with Ellie and she is looking so serious in return. Jimmy said "I want you to keep looking at boys like this for the next twenty years, Ellie... and the drool helps too." :) It was so great to see them!

Then we went to Laura and Justin's house and got to catch up with Samantha. We had just seen them 6 weeks earlier, but the babies had changed so much since then. We got lots of pictures of them together! We went for a walk with the babies in our wraps and a lady stopped and asked if they were twins! This is even funnier because they look SO different from one another -- Henry pale, Sam bronzed; Henry very boyish, Samantha all girl with her ginormous eyelashes.

We got to see Mary and Brianne and their adorable dog, Hershey, who was so good with the kids and made me really miss Teddy. Marcie and her little boy, Louis, flew in from Seattle. Marcie's due in Feb with a little GIRL! And we saw Amy and Jeff and their twin girls, Ella and Sophie, who came in from Cincinnati. Amy is also due in Feb with a little BOY! Jennie and James came in from St. Louis and Maria and Jess were there too.

It was so great seeing all of them again -- it had been a while. I loved looking at Louis, Ella and Sophie and seeing where Henry will be in just a year. They do grow so fast! Hard to believe that next time we all get together there will at least be 7 kids/babies and that Henry will most likely be walking! What a great weekend! Thanks for all getting together guys. I'm so glad Henry got to meet you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment