Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dressed by Daddy



Yesterday, Daniel went up to get Henry after his nap and got him out of his pajamas. He brings him down and this is the outfit I see. I couldn't help but just laugh. There's been days where the outfit is a little mismatched and I don't say anything and just smile. But this outfit, the laughter was inevitable. Luckily, I didn't hurt Daniel's feelings, but he then asked "I know it's a lot of stripes, but what's wrong with it?" My response: "What's right with it?" At this point I had laughter tears streaming down my face because he had NO idea how bad this outfit is. I'm not sure he could have picked out two items that go any worse together. Both stripes, one navy blue and white and one black and grey, the top has a car on it, the other has a pumpkin on the butt.

It brought tears -- lots of them. It brings a smile to my face even now. It is incredibly endearing. It reminds me of my dad, who also has a hard time figuring out what "goes together."

I guess I will have to set Henry's clothes out before school when he gets older. Or else he might just get dressed by daddy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment