Here's a picture from just before our appointment yesterday -- you'll have to excuse my backward skirt -- it's not the new fashion, I just put it on wrong and can't see that part of my body when I look down anymore!
Daniel and I went on Tuesday to get some pregnancy pictures taken at a neighbor's photography studio. I don't think we'll purchase a ton of the pics, but I thought it'd be fun to have a few documenting the end of pregnancy. I'll let you know the website you can go to to look at the proofs once she has them up (just in case you want a 16 by 20 of my large belly!).
Oh, and the strike. Yep, nurses voted overwhelmingly for it. Both the pension vote and our hospital contract vote were about a 90% "No, we do not accept the contract. Yes, we authorize a strike." So, the union has proposed a 1 day strike. They feel like this would be least disruptive to the patients. The hospitals have already said that if we give notice of a 1 day strike, we would most likely be prevented from coming back to the hospital to work for a whole week because they would be paying to have replacement nurses for a week contract. Our current contract goes until June 1st and the union has to give a 10 business day notice to the hospitals of a strike. They are going back to the bargaining tables tomorrow and it sounds like they're pretty determined to work something out. Once they have a new contract, we'll vote again. I'm much less stressed about it now, but would like it all to just be over with. I'm sure everyone does. 12,000 replacement nurses they'd have to find for a week! I heard they're offering $5,000/wk -- not a bad salary for one week! So, any of you nurses, if you want to make a quick paycheck... you'd just have to be willing to work on a unit staffed almost completely by newbies for the week!
Daniel and I are getting ready to start working for the weekend stretch. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend and that your weather is as beautiful as our weather is supposed to be this week! Talk to you all soon!
1 comment:
Julie you are looking so cute! It seems you are lower than the last weeks picture. That's good. I know you are both getting anxious for this precious little one to arrive. It will a moment like no other and the memory of seeing your child for the first time will never fade.
You will make great parents!
Love you all!
Post a Comment