We're getting there! As evidenced by midwife appointments every 2 weeks now; Daniel and I now taking our birth classes; and, of course, by my growing belly that now holds a 2.5 pound baby in it! Last week we went for our midwife appointment and found out that out that the baby is laying transverse (sideways), which is what Daniel had thought too. My belly is measuring 26cm/26weeks despite that I was 28 weeks, but she said this is normal because of the baby's position. She also said that the baby will continue to move around and to not be concerned that it's not head down yet. He/She has time to get there.
I feel like it's doing flip flops constantly now. It's so active, especially at night when I'm at work. It's fun to feel it move so much though. Last night I could just look down at my belly and see my scrub top move as it kicked. Daniel predicts karate in the future. :)
Our birth classes, where we're delivering, started last week and we have 4 more to go to. I'm feeling more and more comfortable with our hospital choice the more I learn about it. We picked the hospital mostly from a process of elimination (and a friend had recommended our widwife group that delivers there) -- we wanted it to have a level 3 NICU, just in case, but didn't want to deliver at our work hospital for privacy reasons, and the other level 3 NICUs in the area were a good 45 to 50 minute drive from our home in Hudson, WI. Fairview Riverside is connected to the University of Minnesota and is about a 35 to 40 minute drive. So we'll cross our fingers for no traffic when I go into labor. :) The woman teaching our birth class gives the impression that it can be as natural as one would want. You don't have to have an IV. You don't have to be no food/no drink. And I hope this isn't too much information for you, but I'm hoping to not deliver on my back, and it sounds like they are comfortable letting you deliver in lots of different positions. It opens your pelvis by another 30% if you're not on your back, which makes it easier for the baby to come out and you have gravity working for you. So, the class is definitely easing any concerns I had about choosing a hospital that I really was pretty unfamiliar with. I think it'll be a perfect fit.
We're starting to get our act together for the little one that's coming in just 76 days now, but we've got lots to do still! Everyone says, though, that if we have a drawer for the baby to sleep in, some blankets, some clothes and some diapers, that we should be okay. And we're overachievers because we have so much better than a drawer -- a bassinet! And lots of blankets, clothes and diapers, thanks to so many generous friends and family from shower gifts. Still no crib or furniture, but we've still got 76 days. :) Daniel's going to start painting the baby room this week. So I should have that promised picture soon!
I think that's all for now. Hope everyone's enjoying this unseasonably warm weather!
2 comments:
You look great Julie! Enjoy those flips :)
Hi Honey! Love the Mouse...much cuter than the live ones at the farm house! Teddy looks bored. Has he torn the mouse up yet?
See you soon!
Post a Comment