Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blanket, balls, bunny and one big belly



We took the computer in and got the screen replaced last week. The Apple store is a godsend, really. So no more pushing on the monitor because my little baby strength continues, as evidenced by my productivity this week! Behold....

I quilted the baby girl quilt and LOVE it. I like that it's bright colors and the Mary Englebreit fabric reminds me of St. Louis. Now I need to figure out what I'm doing with the little boy fabric I bought.

I found this quilt the other day while browsing the web and pretty much am in love with it. I like the simplicity. I have two friends that are pregnant and due around the same time as me (Laura and a really good friend from high school, Erin -- both within a month of baby O). So I might be doing a
few baby quilts coming up here.

I've also been busy making balls with all the left over yarn I have laying around. It's great cause it's using up all those little tiny amounts that I can't really do much with and can't seem to throw away either. They'll be a perfect toy for the baby. I can already see them being thrown in the house. Good thing they're soft and light.

I made the baby's first stuffed animal this week, too. For about 3 years now, I've been making stuff for our someday baby. Lots of sweaters, hats, cardigans, mittens, blankets, etc. (Daniel jokes that our baby is going to be allergic to wool. If it is, we're going to need a lot of Benadryl in this house cause there's no lack of wool around here.) But for some reason, I've been waiting to make stuffed animals. Mostly because I think it'll be fun to make what our child wants once they're of the age where they can look through my pattern books and pick out the elephant or the monkey or the doll. But a baby needs a stuffed animal too and it'll be a while till they're able to tell me what they like, so the bunny it is!

I had my first baby delivery dream that we went into the hospital for some reason at 22wks and I told the OB that Daniel and I don't consider a baby viable until at least 24wks. I think this stage of being 22-24wks weighs on my mind a lot because babies don't typically survive at these gestations and, yet, once you become 23wks, you're considered viable by most doctors and they recusitate regardless of a parent's desire. We see so many of these babies put through so much poking and proding, the exhaustion
of medical resources just to finally be let go weeks to months later. There are a few that survive, but even then, the quality of their lives are usually very compromised. So baby O, you just stay in there. :)

The baby is kicking all the time now. Daniel feels it too now, which is fun. Mostly the baby stops moving the moment Daniel puts his hand there. I think the baby feels his calm aura. :)

I started doing prenatal yoga on Thursday, too. There are about eight girls and they're all due in late April to June. The instructor is great and finds that perfect balance between working us hard and, yet, being gentle for our babies. I'm sore from it, but at the time was finding it really relaxing while I was there.

We're 22 and 3/7 wks today and it's weird for us to be far enough along that we have seen exactly what a baby our gestation looks like, but, like I said, baby O you just stay in there for a few more months. I'll make you more things the longer you stay in there. (Bribery always works, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment